Tulsa Employment Litigation Attorneys
We regularly represent employers at every stage of the conflict process including federal and state courts and administrative agencies (the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, state human rights commissions, federal and state departments of labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and the National Labor Relations Board). We also represent clients in arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association, the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, and private arbitrators.
We represent employers in lawsuits in every court in Oklahoma, federal and state, as well as employers facing litigation in surrounding states such as Arkansas, Kansas, and Texas.
Some of the employment law opinions from our group include:
Altus Gardner v. Sears Holdings Corporation, Case No. 10-5017 (10th Cir. 2010) (race discrimination, age discrimination, retaliation).
- Thompson v. The Weyerhaeuser Co., F.3d (10th Cir. 2009) (whether plaintiffs can pursue a pattern or practice procedure under the ADEA, collection action for age discrimination).
- Kruchowski v. The Weyerhaeuser Co., 2008 OK 105, ____ P.3d ___ (Okla. 2008) (age discrimination as a state-based tort claim for wrongful discharge).
- Fortna v. QC Holdings, Inc., 2007 WL 214438 (N.D. Okla. 2007) and 2006 WL 2385303 (N.D. Okla. 2006) (class action under Fair Labor Standards Act).
- McBride v. CITGO Petroleum Corp., 281 F.3d 1099 (10th Cir. 2002) (Americans with Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act claims).
- Cooper v. Central & Southwest Services, 271 F.3d 1247 (10th Cir. 2001) (Americans with Disabilities Act; state-based handicap discrimination claim; retaliatory discharge based upon filing of workers’ compensation claim).
- McCarty v. City of Bartlesville, 8 Fed.Appx. 867 (10th Cir. 2001) (42 U.S.C. § 1983 action).
- Pack v. Kmart Corp., 166 F.3d 1300 (10th Cir. 1999) (Americans with Disabilities Act claims).
- McKnight v. Kimberly Clark Corporation, 149 F.3d 1125, 1998 WL 384608 (10th Cir. 1998) (wrongful discharge / retaliatory discharge; defamation; Fair Labor Standards Act).
- Brown v. Sears, Roebuck, and Co., 134 F.3d 382 (10th Cir. 1998) (Age Discrimination in Employment Act claim).
- Prince v. St. John Medical Center, 1998 OK CIV APP 92, 957 P.2d 563, 136 Lab.Cas. ¶ 58,427 (wrongful discharge in violation of Oklahoma public policy).
- Kramer v. Sears Roebuck and Co., 108 F.3d 1388 (10th Cir. 1997) (employee claim for intentional infliction of emotional distress).
- Jacqui Starr v. Pearle Vision, Inc., 54 F.3d 1548, 32 Fed.R.Serv.3d 816 (10th Cir. 1995) (wrongful discharge / defamation).
- Hulsey and Davis v. Kmart, 43 F.3d 555 (10th Cir. 1994) (Age Discrimination in Employment Act claims).
- Butcher v. City of McAlester, 956 F.2d 973, 139 L.R.R.M. (BNA) 2566 (10th Cir. 1992) (freedom of association and claims arising under 42 U.S.C. § 1983).
To discuss your case with an employment law attorney at the Firm, please feel free to email or call any of the below-listed attorneys. We have offices in Tulsa and Oklahoma City.