Tulsa Charitable Foundations Attorneys
Many individuals choose to dedicate a sizable portion of their accumulated wealth to charitable causes. There are numerous ways in which a charitable gift can be structured, depending upon the needs of the individual, the nature and scope of the charitable undertaking, and various tax considerations.
Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, L.L.P. provides legal advice and assistance to individuals who are contemplating bequeathing all or part of their estates to charity, as well as those who are considering lifetime gifts to charity. The firm also advises nonprofits working with specific donors on how best to structure planned giving.
In charitable planning matters, our attorneys advise on:
- Choice and creation of appropriate charitable entity (e.g., private foundation, public charity, donor advised fund, or charitable trust);
- Application for tax-exempt status; and
- Administration of private foundations, public charities and charitable trusts.
In charitable giving matters, our attorneys advise on:
- IRS gift acknowledgment requirements;
- The development and maintenance of charitable giving programs and fundraising activities;
- Current and deferred charitable giving matters, including gifts of cash, appreciated real estate and securities;
- Planned giving transactions using charitable remainder unitrusts and annuity trusts, charitable lead trusts and private foundations.