Doerner is currently looking for a qualified candidate to manage our Oklahoma City office and our marketing/business development initiatives for the Firm.
Job Title: Marketing/Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: Oklahoma City Staff
General Position Description: The Marketing/Office Manager is responsible for the daily administrative operation of the Oklahoma City office and oversight of all direct legal support positions. They are also responsible for all marketing and business development initiatives for the Firm.
Essential Managerial Tasks:
- Provide supervision to all staff in the Oklahoma City office.
- Interact with other management to effectively manage the delivery of support to attorneys.
- Evaluate, recommend and assist in the implementation of resources (technology and otherwise) to increase effectiveness of legal support staff.
- Participate in performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Participate in orientation/onboarding of new employees.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance to direct reports as necessary.
- Educate Oklahoma City office on firm procedures and enforce same.
- Participate in the selection and hiring process for new staff.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements related to records management and federal, state and local human resources laws.
- Participate in the annual budget process for staff and other office-related expenses.
- Order office supplies.
- Interface with vendors and building managers.
- Organize office events (luncheons, welcome receptions, etc.)
Essential Marketing Tasks:
- Proactively identify and plan client seminars, attorney speaking engagements, special events and other marketing initiatives as required; where possible, facilitate introductions to firm attorneys at such events and manage the appropriate pre- and post-event follow-up activities for each of these initiatives.
- Draft, edit and distribute press releases and other firm news.
- Research and identify current legal issues and topics and work with attorneys to develop and place articles in relevant publications and distribute newsletters and alerts to appropriate contacts.
- Manage process for pitches and RFPs (i.e., research, content development, editing, assembly and delivery).
- Proactively approach and work with individual attorneys and practice groups to develop and execute marketing and business development plans, including online content.
- Actively conduct prospect, client and market research.
- Work with attorneys and practice groups to draft and edit award nominations and ranking submissions (i.e., Chambers, Best Lawyers, 40 Under 40, etc.).
- Work with attorneys to secure sponsorship and marketing event approvals and ensure Doerner receives and maximizes all contracted deliverables.
- Provide marketing and business development coaching/training.
- Plan, manage and execute firmwide marketing and advertising plan.
- Proactively identify potential clients, business development and cross-selling opportunities and work with attorneys and practice groups to maximize those efforts.
- Work to ensure firmwide marketing initiatives are integrated.
- Work with to ensure the marketing and business development needs of Doerner attorneys and practice groups are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide content editing/proofreading support for marketing projects.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or related field is required.
- Previous law firm experience or professional services and/or legal-related experience helpful.
- Ability to make presentations and to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent writing, grammar, proofing and editing skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to deal professionally with all internal and external clients on all levels and develop strong professional relationships.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to travel and work before and after hours, including visits to Tulsa office and attendance at scheduled marketing events.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
Send resumes to Jessica Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, L.L.P. is an equal opportunity employer. Doerner, Saunders, Daniel & Anderson, L.L.P. does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.