Debra Baker is a paralegal with more than 30 years of legal experience in complex civil litigation, including contracts, oil and gas litigation, personal injury, family law and employment law. To increase efficiency in litigation support, Debra utilizes a wide variety of computer software programs. She coordinates and manages document productions, including medical records, locates and interviews witnesses, and maintains the organization of trial exhibits.
As Debra assists lawyers in trial preparation, she is well known for her attention to detail in both factual and legal research. She handles all aspects of litigation from initial client contact to trial presentation.
Lead paralegal in divorce case that spanned several years. Assisted in maintaining client communication. Assisted client in the investigation and gathering of documents. Fact investigation and gathering of documents from third-parties. Preparation of trial exhibits for witness and expert witness preparation.
Assisted lead paralegal in web-based document review and indexing of documents for large employment litigation case. Fact investigation and gathering of documents from EEOC for employment litigation.
Fact gathering police reports, medical records, review and calculation of medical bills for motor vehicle and trucking litigation cases.
Lead paralegal in a complex class action gas royalty case.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Chair, Tulsa County Bar Association, Paralegal Section (2017-Present)
- Tulsa Community College Legal Assistant Advisory Board (Former)
- Secretary, Tulsa County Bar Association’s Paralegal Section (Sept. 2011-Aug. 2012)
- 2012 Power Legal Professional - Tulsa Business Journal
- B.S., University of Tulsa, 1975
- Associate Degree, Business, Legal Assistant Program, Tulsa Community College, 1983