Destyn Stallings’ practice is focused on the representation of employers in all aspects of dispute resolution arising from the employer-employee relationship, including litigation before state and federal courts, arbitration panels, and regulatory and administrative agencies.
Destyn has experience representing employers with respect to claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), wage and hour issues arising under various state laws, and discrimination and retaliation issues arising under various state and federal laws. In addition, she also counsels management and human resources professionals on issues including interviewing and hiring, discipline and termination, wage and hour matters, employee classification, employment and nonsolicitation agreements, handbook development and workplace polices, drug and alcohol testing, as well as litigation avoidance and compliance with other state and federal laws.
In addition to her employment practice, a portion of Destyn’s practice is devoted to commercial and civil litigation in state and federal courts. She represents clients in cases involving breach of contract, negligence, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, trade secret theft, and alter ego liability.
Destyn in a 2013 honors graduate from the University of Tulsa College of Law, where she served as executive editor of the Tulsa Law Review. While attending law school, Destyn served as a judicial extern in the Tulsa County District Court for the Honorable Judge Linda Morrissey.
Labor and Employment:
- Represented public utility against alleged wage and hour violations asserted as a collective action under the FLSA.
- Represented fertilizer production company against retaliatory discharge claim in alleged violation of workers’ compensation laws.
- Represented staffing company in pregnancy discrimination dispute arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Represented manufacturer against employee misclassification claim brought under the FLSA.
- Represented construction company against breach of employment contract and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Represented consulting company against alleged violation of employment contract.
- Represented construction companies against claims for breach of contract, promissory estoppel, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented background screening company against claims for breach of contract alleging violation of a nonsolicitation agreement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and unfair competition.
- Represented auto finance company against class action suit involving alleged defective notice of sale following repossession of debtor’s collateral.
- Represented insurance claims processing provider against claims for breach of contract, fraud, and tortious interference with contract.
- Represented fiber optic manufacturer against claims for breach of contract and breach of warranty.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of convenience store in action for breach of contract.
- Represented transportation companies against various claims for negligence allegedly resulting in personal injury and property damage.
- Represented software provider against claims for fraud and unjust enrichment..
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Oklahoma State University Spears School of Business Alumni Society Board of Directors
- American Inns of Court, Hudson-Hall-Wheaton Chapter
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellow
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- A Tough Pill to Swallow: Whether the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Obligates Catholic Employers to Cover Their Employees’ Prescription Contraceptives, Tulsa Law Review, 2012
- J.D., with honors, University of Tulsa College of Law, 2013
- B.S., magna cum laude, Business Administration, Oklahoma State University, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 2013
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2013
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2013
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 2016
- United States Supreme Court, 2017