Dru McQueen handles a wide variety of commercial litigation and provides legal counsel on a broad array of business issues. Her diverse legal background uniquely qualifies her to assess issues from the viewpoint of both a public and private attorney, which in turn allows her to offer a more comprehensive perspective when helping clients. During her ten years in private practice, Dru primarily focused on commercial litigation. She spent eleven years as in-house counsel for a major petroleum company, working on employment issues, as well as class action cases and other litigation matters. Most recently, Dru has been clerking for a federal judge in the Northern District of Oklahoma court system.
The expertise Dru has gained in the areas of complex federal litigation, toxic tort litigation, class actions, employment law, and commercial transactions is invaluable as she provides advice to clients in a time-critical situation or as she assists clients navigate an increasingly complicated legal system.
- Managed toxic tort class actions as well as premises liability, employment and commercial litigation for petroleum refining, marketing and transportation company
- Provided emergency response legal services for major refinery oil spill
- Represented utility companies in take or pay litigation and other commercial and tort lawsuits
- Defended asbestos manufacturer in asbestosis litigation
- Provided in-house counsel and support on employment law, record retention, commercial contract negotiation and acquisitions and divestitures.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- American Inns of Court, Hudson-Hall-Wheaton Chapter, Master, 2008-Present
- American Inns of Court, Hudson-Hall-Wheaton Chapter, Recipient of Thomas R. Brett Award
- Charger Pride Scholarship Foundation, Founding Board Member and Secretary, 2014-Present
- Child Abuse Network, Board of Directors, 1992-1998; President 1996-1997; President's Council, 1997-Present
- J.D., with honors, University of Tulsa College of Law, 1982
- B.F.A., with highest honors, Journalism, Southern Methodist University, 1976
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 1983
- Texas, 2006, Inactive
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 1989
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1983