Lance Bryan is a skilled litigator who represents commercial lenders, contractors, electric utilities, manufacturers and retailers. Lance has deep experience helping clients resolve contract disputes, construction claims and commercial loan defaults. Equally capable at trial, mediation, arbitration and handling appeals, Lance works closely with business owners, company officers and in-house counsel to develop and execute strategies consistent with budgets and business objectives. Lance is frequently called on to evaluate cases early or before disputes even arise. He also has experience using mock juries and focus groups to evaluate risk and fine-tune trial strategy in high-exposure cases.
He also regularly represents clients in cases involving:
Breach of contract and business torts
Construction defect, delay and collection claims
Real estate litigation, including commercial property foreclosures, receiverships and evictions
Significant property damage and personal injuries
Obtained hundreds of millions of dollars in judgments representing various local and national banks, lenders, credit associations, and servicers in commercial loan and real estate litigation, foreclosures, evictions, lender liability and receivership actions.
Represented numerous owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in construction disputes involving breach of contract, delay and defect claims, and foreclosure of mechanic and materialman’s liens.
Part of the trial team for public utility company that won multi-million dollar jury verdict against telecommunications company on contract claim for indemnity.
Won a substantial arbitration award against a publicly traded company on a contract claim for stock options.
Represented a nationwide retail and leasing company in multi-party employment claims in federal court for wrongful termination and retaliation, securing dismissal or judgment as a matter of law on all claims.
Successfully represented a federally-chartered lender in commercial loan proceedings including judgment and favorable appellate decisions enforcing key loan provisions for recourse liability.
Served as trial counsel in a jury trial involving claims for negligent injury to commercial property and loss of profits which resulted in defense verdict for client.
Obtained $25 million judgment for a bank in action against foreign borrowers and guarantors and assisted with reciprocal enforcement and receivership proceedings for collection of judgment in foreign jurisdictions.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Listed in Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2009-2016
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Litigation - Construction, Employment Law - Management 2015-2017
- Tulsa County Bar Association; formerly served on the Professionalism and Civility Committee
- Council Oak/Johnson-Sontag Chapter of American Inns of Court, member
- Former certified volunteer mediator with the Oklahoma Alternative Dispute Resolution System
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc., Oklahoma Chapter, member
- Frequent speaker and writer on topics including real property foreclosure, depositions and discovery, mechanic and materialman’s liens, and numerous employment topics such as WARN Act requirements, overtime regulations, and defamation in the workplace
- J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, Board of Advocates, 2003
- B.S., summa cum laude, Political Science, Economics, Oklahoma State University, 2000
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 2003
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit