Sara Potts concentrates the majority of her practice on commercial and corporate business litigation, as well as insurance defense and construction law. Sara is primarily devoted to developing as a trial litigator, and is skilled in motion practice, legal research and writing, and in her advocacy before the court. In addition to litigation, she assists business clients on a variety of commercial matters, providing counsel on business formation, partnerships, limited liability companies, contract drafting and review, employer liability, disassociations, dissolutions, and the like.
While attending the Oklahoma City University School of Law, Sara was a Merit Scholar and served as the Executive Editor for the Oklahoma City University Law Review. Sara was also a Student Member of the William J. Holloway, Jr. American Inn of Court and a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society. She was awarded the Dean’s Legal Ethics Award for Excellence and graduated magna cum laude from the Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2014.
- Represented numerous Oklahoma companies in defending Title VII and Title IX complaints before the EEOC and in federal court.
- Represented Oklahoma business owners in corporate business litigation regarding breach of contract and dissolution/ejectment disputes under the Oklahoma Limited Liability Act.
- Represented clients in partnership dissolutions/disassociations, member expulsion and related litigation.
- Represented large Oklahoma City businesses in defending premises liability and wrongful death lawsuits.
- Represented Oklahoma companies, managers, and officers in multi-faceted corporate litigation involving breach of fiduciary duties, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition.
- Represented Oklahoma business owners in employment litigation involving breach of contract, non-solicitation agreements and misappropriation under the Oklahoma Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
- Represented financial advisement companies, officers and managers in commercial/breach of contract litigation.
- Represented both large and small Oklahoma construction companies and sole proprietors in numerous construction negligence/breach of contract litigation.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member - Women in Law Committee, Social Media Subcommittee Chair, 2014-2016
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member - Civil Procedure & Evidence Committee, 2014-2015
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member, 2014 to present
- Oklahoma County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Director and Co-Chair for Social Media Committee, 2014-2016
- Federal Bar Association, Member, 2014 to present
- Trustee, Board of Trustees for Prairie Dawn Theater, 2016 to present
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg Inn of Court, Associate Member, 2016 to present
Honors and Awards
- Executive Editor, Board of Editors, Oklahoma City University Law Review, 2013-2014
- Merit Scholar Recipient, 2011-2014
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society, Hand Inn, 2011-2014
- Dean’s Legal Ethics Award for Excellence, 2014
- magna cum laude, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 2014
- B.S., Psychology, University of Central Oklahoma, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 2014
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2014
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2016
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2017
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 2016