Brad Davenport has extensive experience and success representing clients in oil and gas litigation, the negotiation of master service agreements for pipeline construction and oil and gas industry companies, shareholder derivative litigation, and quiet title curative matters. Brad also utilizes his expertise and sound judgment to advise clients and protect their interests in negotiating the purchase or sale of business assets, formation of corporations and limited liability companies, and reviewing and updating corporate documents and agreements. He also employs a combination of persistence and pragmatism to aid business clients in collecting outstanding accounts receivable.
- Successfully represented mineral owners in an oil and gas lease cancellation case at trial in Logan County, which was recently affirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals.
- Successfully completed the multi-million dollar sale of family-owned oil field trucking and saltwater disposal companies in Lindsay, Oklahoma to private equity investors in New York.
- Successfully represented a court-appointed receiver in litigation against 158 defendants to recover over $4 million of fictitious profits paid out as part of a Ponzi scheme, which included a prevailing appellate argument made to the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals at the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
- Successfully defended a roustabout company in an arbitration case that a uniform company initiated for breach of contract to obtain an arbitration award that not only denied the uniform company any damages, but also required it to pay the roustabout company’s attorney fees.
- Representative Cases: Oklahoma Department of Securities v. Blair, 231 P.3d 645, Blue Sky L. Rep. P 74, 822, 2010 OK 16; Oklahoma Department of Securities v. Wilcox, 267 P.3d 106, Blue Sky L. Rep. P 74, 950, 2011 OK 82.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Alma Wilson Award (2016)
- Journal Record, Leadership in Law Award (2016)
- Selected to Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation (2016 - 2018)
- Downtown Exchange Club of Oklahoma City, Member, President (2015-2016)
- Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City, Member
- Luther L. Bohanon American Inn of Court, Barrister (2015-2018)
- First Presbyterian Church, Oklahoma City, Member
- Co-author of “Issues Regarding Conveyances / Reservations of Mineral Interest” and speaker at the “Ultimate Guide to Oil and Gas Title Law” seminar, National Business Institute, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, December 14, 2015.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, Professional Authorities Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, 2000
- B.A., Letters, University of Oklahoma, Phi Beta Kappa and Cortez A.M. Ewing Public Service Fellowship, 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- All State Courts of Oklahoma, 2000
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 2012
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2000
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2000
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2019
Related News / Publications