Jim Gaffney has many years of experience providing consulting services for law firms in the areas of operations, governance, strategic planning, and partner succession. Jim most recently served as the corporate director of Bullivant Houser Bailey PC in Portland, Oregon. Previously, he was managing partner of the Portland office of Moss Adams (CPA firm) for eight years, and served on the firm's executive committee for four years.
Jim is a collaborative leader well versed in all aspects of Partnership, LLC and LLP issues. He has a long history and proven track record for developing the talents of others while leading clients, peers and staff through complex matters.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Oregon Board of Accountancy 2001-2010, twice Board Chair
- Oregon Society of CPA's, several leadership positions, President,1988-1989
- Portland State University, Instructor Master of Taxation part time, 1994-1999
- National Down Syndrome Congress Foundation, Board Chair, 2001-2014
- Maurice Lucas Foundation, Board Member, 2010-2014
- Karen Gaffney Foundation, Board Member
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1975
- B.S., Commerce, Santa Clara University, 1971
Bar & Court Admissions