Kevin Coutant has counseled local, regional and national developers and lenders in connection with numerous real estate and oil and gas transactions and projects. He has closed hundreds of real estate acquisition transactions, and has an extensive background in zoning, planning, construction and economic development, including public financial incentives.
As the leader of Doerner’s real estate practice for many years, Kevin ensures that clients have the advice required to structure and close real estate transactions without unnecessary risk, cost or delay. He has served as a lecturer at numerous seminars on real estate and commercial law topics, and has been an adjunct professor at the University of Tulsa School of Law teaching Real Estate Transactions.
Represented an international non-profit professional organization in connection with zoning, construction, development and financing issues related to its new international headquarters building.
Represented a national retail developer of the first retail power center in Tulsa in its obtaining of Tax Increment Financing (economic development incentive), the largest amount awarded in Tulsa history.
Represented a major retail cellular telephone company in the acquisition of hundreds of properties across the country.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Best Lawyers - Tulsa Real Estate Law "Lawyer of the Year" 2015, 2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Land Use and Zoning Law, Real Estate Law 2005-2019
- Tulsa Business Journal "Power Attorney", 2014
- John 3:16 Mission, Inc., Board, 2012-Present
- Tulsa Economic Development Commission, Member and Chair
- Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission, Member
- Tulsa Historic Preservation Commission, Member
- Listed in Super Lawyers®, 2011, 2016-2017
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1977
- B.S., Accounting, Oklahoma State University, 1974
Bar & Court Admissions