Michael English focuses his practice primarily on commercial litigation in state and federal courts. The clients he represents span an array of industries, including oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, software, retail and media.
Michael zealously advocates for his clients and strives to bring value to each one, whether he is prosecuting or defending claims for a variety of business torts.
Prior to joining Doerner in 2015, Michael served as a prosecutor with the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office for nearly seven years where he managed a heavy volume of litigation and led a team of felony prosecutors. He focused on the prosecution of murder, sexual assault and other crimes of extreme violence.
Michael is a veteran of the United States Army Reserve and has served in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Michael graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 2006. While there, Michael clerked for the Oklahoma Supreme Court, served as an editor of the Oklahoma Law Review and volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate. He received several academic awards, including the Gene and Jo Ann Sharp Outstanding Law Review Comment Award for his law review comment entitled, Distinguishing True Persecution from Legitimate Prosecution in American Asylum Law. He graduated law school with the Order of the Coif academic distinction while earning a master’s degree in International Studies.
- Represented a midstream energy company in a state lawsuit alleging breach of contract.
- Represented a public utility in a federal lawsuit seeking indemnification for negligence and wrongful death.
- Represented a construction and engineering company in arbitration over the construction of a natural gas processing facility.
- Represented a software service provider in federal litigation involving claims of conspiracy, breach of contract, tortious interference with contract, unjust enrichment and fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Represented a television production company in a state lawsuit involving media law and the statutory and constitutional rights of journalists.
- Represented an Oklahoma municipality in defending a federal lawsuit pressed by a rural water district.
- Represented businesses in state court defending and prosecuting creditor lawsuits.
- Represented a national retailer in a state lawsuit involving claims of negligence.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- J.D., with honors, University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2006
- M.A., International Studies, University of Oklahoma, 2006
- B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science, University of Oklahoma, 2003
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 2007
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma