Nancy Allen has more than twenty-five years of experience working on legal teams from inception to completion of legal matters in the following areas, litigation, construction law, securities, intellectual property, subrogation and insurance defense and personal injury. Nancy has provided investigative services, assisted in sub-rosa investigations, interviewed clients and witnesses, and summarized interviews and other legal documents, as well as conducted research in the following areas: legal, court, county recorder and assessor, internet and genealogy.
Nancy assists lawyers with trial preparation, with a focus on accurate factual and legal research. Collaborating with colleagues in a wide variety of legal matter over the past twenty-five years, Nancy is known for her organizational skills in complicated matters with an eye for detail. Additionally, throughout the gathering of varied and collaborative legal experience, Nancy has developed a reputation as a type of legal “Girl Friday,” utilizing an “outside the box” and persistent skillset as needed. Prior to joining Doerner, Nancy worked in hybrid positions which incorporated responsibilities of paralegal, office manager, and legal secretary.
- Assisted plaintiff's counsel in a legal malpractice matter. Organized and maintained a vast amount of email correspondence with clients and opposing counsel. Assisted clients in gathering and maintaining complicated case documents in preparation for trial. Coordinated with trial experts in the provision of extensive documentation required in preparation for a two-week trial. Assisted during trial, providing feedback on court events for attorney and client review. Verdict was for the plaintiff and resulted in a multimillion dollar jury decision, and ultimately attorney disbarment and law firm closure.
- Assisted in web-based research in a fraud matter wherein online advertising was obtained and reviewed for unauthorized use of client documentation.
- Conducted witness interviews and factual research regarding a client who was wrongfully arrested.
- Organized and processed digital data for receivership matters.
- A.S., Paralegal Studies, College of the Sequoias, Paralegal Club Secretary and Treasurer, Paralegal Representative on Homecoming Queen Court, 1987
- B.A., cum laude, Music, Minor in Liberal Arts, German, Sonoma State University, 2006
- A.A., Administration of Justice, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Santa Rosa Junior College, 2010