Varley H. Taylor, Jr. has represented clients in the areas of federal and state taxation, business planning, estate planning, elder law, tax exempt organizations, Intellectual Property, ERISA and Employee Benefits since 1971. In 2005, Varley accepted a position as Associate Professor of Law at the University of Tulsa College of Law, where he taught property, taxation, estate planning and business related courses. He maintains an Of Counsel relationship with Doerner and continues to consult with clients and members of the firm.
Varley is the author of the West Publishing Company's estate planning volumes of Vernon's Oklahoma Legal Forms with Commentary. He has been the author of West's annual Oklahoma Probate and Estate Planning Deskbook since its inception in 1994; and was a contributing author to West's Oklahoma Probate Law and Practice, Third Edition, and is now its principal author. He has also been a contributing author of the American Bar Association's annual Sales and Use Tax Handbook since first publication in 1988, and is a past member of the editorial board of The Journal of Multistate Taxation.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- The Journal of Multistate Taxation; Member, Editorial Board
Honors and Awards
- Listed Best Lawyers for Tax Law, 2005-2020
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Sales and Use Tax Handbook, Oklahoma Chapter, American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Probate Law and Practice, Third Edition (Contributing Author)
- Oklahoma Probate and Estate Planning Deskbook (Co-Author with R. Robert Huff )
- Masters in Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1973
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1971
- B.A., Princeton University, 1968
Bar & Court Admissions