Matthew Crook is an experienced transactional lawyer, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, oil and gas (midstream and upstream), contract drafting and review, new business formations and corporate/LLC governing document preparation and review. Matthew also litigates various matters for his clients, specializing in commercial collections, quiet title actions, probate and trust litigation and general business litigation.
- Represented homeowner in restrictive covenant dispute, won case at trial on summary judgment.
- Represented royalty interest owners in and oil and gas quiet tile action by another royalty interest owner, obtained agreed judgment on behalf of clients securing their various royalty interests.
- Represented purchaser in the acquisition of a pre-leased Chik-Fil-A® restaurant under construction for $3 million.
- Represented client in purchase of existing restaurant location for $2.1 million and amendment of underlying leases.
- Represented mortgagee in mortgage foreclosure case and obtained an agreed judgment pursuant to which client was awarded all damages sought, as well as attorneys' fees and costs.
- Represented manufacturing client in the sale of all of its assets to large, diversified purchaser for $16 million.
- Shared responsibility for corporate client’s compliance with all aspects of multibillion-dollar credit facility issued by Bank of America, as administrative agent for lending consortium.
- Managed all aspects of $15 million acquisition of crude oil transportation and storage assets by client.
- Managed all aspects of $7 million acquisition of asphalt emulsion assets from Fortune 500 company by client.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Board of Directors, Crime Prevention Network, 2016 - Present
- Board of Directors, American Heart Association, Tulsa Metro Chapter, 2004 - 2009
- Board of Directors, Big Brothers and Sisters of Green Country, 1998 - 1999
- Secretary, OU Club of Tulsa, 2010
- Passed Oklahoma C.P.A. Exam, 2003
- J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2002
- B.B.A., with distinction, Accounting and Finance, University of Oklahoma, 1997
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 2002
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- All State Courts of Oklahoma