Sara Potts concentrates the majority of her practice on commercial and corporate business litigation, asbestos exposure defense, insurance defense, tribal sovereignty issues, and construction law. In addition to litigation, she also assists business clients on a variety of commercial matters, providing counsel on various business issues and disputes, including corporate formation and governance, director and officer liability, employer liability, disassociations/expulsions, and shareholder disputes.
While attending the Oklahoma City University School of Law, Sara was a Merit Scholar and served as the Executive Editor for the Oklahoma City University Law Review. She was also a Student Member of the William J. Holloway, Jr. American Inn of Court and a member of the Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society. Prior to graduating magna cum laude in 2014, Sara received four (4) CALI Excellence for the Future Awards and was also awarded the Dean’s Legal Ethics Award for Excellence.
- Represented individuals as well as Oklahoma and out of state companies in several lawsuits involving breach of commercial contracts, sales contracts, and related litigation.
- Represented local and national business owners and companies in employment litigation involving breach of contract, non-solicitation agreements, unfair competition, and trade secret misappropriation.
- Represented nationally-based companies in defending asbestos exposure lawsuits as well as defending other products liability lawsuits.
- Represented officers and directors of in-state and out of state companies in various cases involving breach of fiduciary duties, shareholder/membership agreements, and breach of contract.
- Represented local and national companies, as well as officers, managers, and directors, in defending breach and negligent performance of service contracts.
- Represented local, national, and foreign companies in bad faith insurance litigation in several state and federal lawsuits.
- Represented federally-recognized Indian Tribes asserting issues of tribal sovereignty in federal litigation.
- Represented numerous Oklahoma companies in employment cases defending against Title VII and Title IX complaints before the EEOC and in state and federal court.
- Represented Oklahoma business owners in corporate litigation regarding breach of contract and dissolution/ejectment disputes.
- Represented clients in business dissolutions/disassociations, member expulsion and shareholder disputes.
- Represented large Oklahoma City businesses in defending premises liability and wrongful death lawsuits.
- Represented financial advisement companies, officers and managers in commercial breach of contract litigation.
- Represented both large and small Oklahoma construction companies and sole proprietors in numerous construction negligence/breach of contract litigation.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member – 2018 to present
- DRI Research Institute (DRI) - Young Attorneys Committee, 2018 to present
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member - Women in Law Committee, Social Media Subcommittee Chair, 2014-2016
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member - Civil Procedure & Evidence Committee, 2014-2015
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Member - 2014 to present
- Oklahoma County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Director and Co-Chair for Social Media Committee, 2014-2016
- Federal Bar Association, Member, 2014 to present
- Trustee, Board of Trustees for Prairie Dawn Theater, 2016 to present
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg Inn of Court, Associate Member, 2016 to present
Honors & Awards
- Executive Editor, Board of Editors, Oklahoma City University Law Review, 2013-2014
- Merit Scholar Recipient, 2011-2014
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards (4), 2011-2014
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Phi Delta Phi Honor Society, Hand Inn, 2011-2014
- Dean’s Legal Ethics Award for Excellence, 2014
- magna cum laude, Oklahoma City University School of Law, 2014
- B.S., Psychology, University of Central Oklahoma, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 2014
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2014
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2016
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2017
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 2016
Related News / Publications
Seminars / Events