Bill Anderson represents public and private organizations in environmental law, public trust and real estate matters, including serving as outside general counsel to the Oklahoma Ordnance Works Authority, a state beneficiary public trust. He has had extensive involvement in Superfund, RCRA, Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, waste water, private nuisance and various toxic tort matters.
His unique experience representing the Authority, which owns and operates the Mid-America Industrial Park, makes him the go-to lawyer for matters related to industrial and economic development.
Bill is a fellow in the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers, whose membership is based not only on excellence in trial and appellate skills, but also requires the highest ethical standards and integrity. After law school, he clerked for the Honorable A.P. Murrah, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Represented Fortune 500 Company in all regulatory, litigation and construction facets of Superfund and RCRA remedial activities at two Zinc refining facilities, one closed and one operational.
Represented drinking water supplier in resolution of regulatory dispute over application of Trihalomethane standards.
Represented operator of industrial waste treatment facilities in resolution of regulatory dispute over application of POTW regulations, including drafting of required state legislation.
Represented landowner in regulatory, litigation and construction aspects of Superfund remedial activities at recycling facility at closed petrochemical company.
Represented multiple PRPs in Superfund landfill cleanup.
Represented landowner in cost recovery action against former tenant involving waste oil soil contamination.
Represented the operator of treated water and waste treatment facilities in negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale contracts with municipal, water district and industrial customers.
Represented public trust in development, lease and construction of 1.5 million square foot manufacturing and warehouse facility for Fortune 500 Company.
Represented public trust in development and sale of 800 plus acres and 84,000 square foot building for internet server farm facility for Fortune 500 Company.
Represented public trust in multiple sale and lease transactions involving development, construction or expansion of manufacturing facilities for various industries, in sizes ranging from 30,000 to 100,000 square feet, for both Fortune 500 as well as smaller companies.
Represented landowner in first superfund cost recovery action against private parties litigated in the United States District Court in the Northern District of Oklahoma.
Represented railway in federal litigation involving interpretation of federal railway right of way statutes, including appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, establishing that railroad held fee simple absolute title to its right of way.
Represented railway in multiple class and individual federal and state court actions involving defense of title to railroad right of way under various federal right of way statutes.
Represented national bank in federal litigation establishing validity of electronic banking operations under branch banking statutes.
Coordinated defense of multiple federal and state court actions against electric utility involving take or pay claims under natural gas fuel supply contracts.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Listed in Best Lawyers for Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, 1989-2020
- Best Lawyers - 2012 Tulsa Bet-the-Company "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Super Lawyers®, 2006-2019
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Judge: Oklahoma Court of Appeals; Temporary Division No. 216, 1984
- Past Employment: Honorable A.P. Murrah, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, Clerk, 1966-1967
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- J.D., University of Michigan, 1966
- A.B., Oberlin College, 1963
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 1966
- United States Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit, 1975
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 1969
- United States Court of Appeals District of Columbia, 1982
- United States Supreme Court, 1985
- Supreme Court Oklahoma, 1966
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1967
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1980
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas, 1975