Dave Wulfers has represented small to medium sized companies in "bet the company," executive employment, corporate governance and shareholder matters. He has also represented trustees in trust administration matters.
He began practicing law in the oil and gas area, which included preparation of leasehold, drilling and division order title opinions, litigation regarding oil and gas well operations and litigation regarding natural gas contracts. In the 1990s, his practice evolved into representation of lenders in mortgage foreclosure matters, companies in the construction industry, including a local Tulsa construction company which turn keyed projects for major department store chains, including Dillard's.
In the 2000s, his practice expanded into representation of a local county assessor regarding litigation involving business personal property tax and representation of individuals before the Oklahoma Tax Commission. He has continued representing oil and gas and construction companies, as well as manufacturers and distributors of products used in the construction industry.
- Represents a trustee, ranch and oil and gas company in state court litigation brought by a beneficiary of the trust and owner of the businesses alleging claims of breach of fiduciary duty and breach of trust.
- Represented a company in "bet the company" litigation brought against preferred stock holders, including a claim requesting declaratory judgment involving certificates of designation, to a successful conclusion.
- Represented a trustee in litigation brought by a beneficiary of a private trust alleging mismanagement by the trustee, to a successful conclusion.
- Represents oil and gas mineral owners in litigation involving disputes over mineral ownership.
- Represents individuals in probate and trust administration matters.
- Represented a trustee and beneficiary in a private trust administration matter against other trust beneficiaries, including a claim involving allocation of federal estate tax burden.
- Represented taxpayers in litigation with a state taxing authority regarding application of Oklahoma's capital gains tax deduction, to a successful conclusion.
- Represented a local bank in litigation against an independent contractor regarding claims including breach of employment agreement, conversion, libel, misappropriation of customer lists and deceptive trade practice.
- Represents companies in business transactions regarding stock and asset purchase and sale transactions.
- Represented a well fluids disposal company in class action litigation brought by landowners involving coal ash and produced fluids and alleging claims including abnormally dangerous activity/strict liability, public and private nuisance, trespass and negligence.
- Assisted maritime counsel in successfully defending a tug boat company in litigation brought by the Army Corps of Engineers in federal district court and in the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Successfully defended Shriners Hospitals for Children in federal district court and in the U.S. 10th Circuit Court of Appeals involving claims by plaintiffs that no person or entity except Osage Indians were entitled to own Osage headrights.
Professional, Community and Pro Bono Involvement
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tulsa County Bar Association, Member
- Rotary Club of Tulsa, Member
- Tulsa Community College, Adjunct Professor of Civil Procedure for Paralegals, 30+ years
- J.D., Jurisprudence, University of Tulsa College of Law, BNA Law Week Award, 1981
- B.S., cum laude, Business, Southeast Missouri State University, Dean's List, 1977
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science, Southeast Missouri State University, Dean's List, 1977
Bar & Court Admissions
- Oklahoma, 1981
- United States District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1981
- United States District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1981
- United States District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2012
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit, 1981